Thursday, February 18, 2016

New Series Roundup: Penny Dreadful, Killer Women, and Gotham

There are so many new series, that I like and would like to write about here but I just don´t have time to write about every series. 
 So, first up, I just watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful which happens to star Bille Pipper (who was Rose in Doctor Who) but unfortunately you don´t see her in the first episode. I like it but its not exactly my favorite thing in the world. So far it seem´s like a very confused mix of many different horror aspects, such as Frankenstein, Vampires, Jack the Ripper and ancient Egypt? I know, it sounds crazy but lets take a step back and I´ll tell you a bit about the general plot. A gunslinger named Ethan Chandler ends up fighting supernatural threats in Victorian London after being hired for his ability´s with weapons by a woman who basically reminds me of a supernatural version of Sherlock.


And then there is Killer Woman which for me was cheesy with extra cheese I mean I almost didn´t add it but well, if you guys like it, I'm wiling to give it a second chance. Its about a lone female Texas ranger who searches for a female killer while dealing with sexist male cops. If there´s nothing I dislike more in a series it´s when you know exactly what will happen but enough of that. The main attraction of this series is hot chicks so I guess the story took a backseat to that. 
 


Then there´s Gotham which I´ll be honest when I first saw it I really thought that it could be good but for those who don´t know Gotham is a series about James Gordon when he first comes to Gotham to be a cop and the problems of being an honest cop amidst blatant corruption. This series completely ignores the comics and goes it´s own route but I was willing to overlook that when I first watched it but now the series just seems a bit slow and at times annoying.

So which do you like the most? Do you agree with me? Do you disagree? Let me know and leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment